Water Facts of Life: Ride the Water Cycle With These Fun Facts
- There is the same amount of water on Earth as there was when the Earth was formed. The water from your faucet could contain molecules that dinosaurs drank.
- Water is composed of two elements, Hydrogen and Oxygen. 2 Hydrogen + 1 Oxygen = H2O.
- Nearly 97% of the world’s water is salty or otherwise undrinkable. Another 2% is locked in ice caps and glaciers. That leaves just 1% for all of humanity’s needs — all its agricultural, residential, manufacturing, community, and personal needs.
- Water regulates the Earth’s temperature. It also regulates the temperature of the human body, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, cushions joints, protects organs and tissues, and removes wastes.
- 75% of the human brain is water and 75% of a living tree is water.
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water is part of a deeply interconnected system. What we pour on the ground ends up in our water, and what we spew into the sky ends up in our water.
- The average total home water use for each person in the U.S. is about 50 gallons a day.
- The average cost for water supplied to a home in the U.S. is about $2.00 for 1,000 gallons, which equals about 5 gallons for a penny.
- Water expands by 9% when it freezes. Frozen water (ice) is lighter than water, which is why ice floats in water.
You can design your bottled water in different ways to reinforce and market your brand. There are a lot of designs and styles of customized water bottle you can choose from.
There are several advantages of packaging water in a private label bottle. Customization adds a spark of excitement to your purified or spring water. Personalized bottled water is of great aesthetic value perfect for any event.
Bottled water is a safe, healthy, and convenient packaged food product, which is comprehensively regulated at both the federal and state level.
Demand for bottled water has remained strong because of an upward trend in consumers looking for healthy alternative to other beverages. Its versatility and lack of calories and artificial ingredients, convenience, and refreshing taste attracts health-conscious consumers.
PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES
Back in the 2000s, you might have read that plastic contains diethylhexyl adipate (DEHA), a supposed carcinogen. According to the American Cancer Society, DEHA is not always in the plastic used to make water bottles—and even if it was, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says DEHA "cannot reasonably be anticipated to cause cancer." Likewise, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) doesn't list DEHA as a carcinogen.
Read more about IWBA's response, the points and details about the microplastic particles, and how consumers can remain confident that water bottles are strictly regulated.
Get to know the key component of a healthful lifestyle. Make the better choice and choose a zero calorie bottled water as your healthier alternative to sugary beverages.
Let's talk about what you should know about water and why it is the most essential component of our daily diets.
Find out how bottled water is immensely regulated to ensure the delivery of high quality and safe drinking water.
Our dependence on plastic bottles makes Reusing and Recycling essential for the health of the planet. We have compiled a list of creative projects to help Reuse and Recycle empty plastic bottles and get you working.